|Public Relations Volunteers
Speakers Bureau Volunteers represent the AWGA by speaking with our member clubs to discuss the AWGA and answer all questions and concerns. They also present GEM awards to winning clubs and discusses the purpose of the GEM award and how it is important for our members.
Media Volunteers help with Tournaments, Just 4 Fun Golf Days, and other AWGA events by:
Media volunteers may also write articles for the AWGA publications.
- Taking pictures
- Taking videos
- Using social media to promote the events
- Updating social media followers during events
- And interviewing players and award winners
Rep Meeting Presenters assist in planning and executing the AWGA Representative Meetings, including providing input on agenda, location, and presentation information, as well as giving the actual presentation.
Area Advisors are former or current AWGA Reps who act as liaisons between the AWGA and clubs in a specific geographical area. Volunteer activities may include:
- Communication with AWGA Reps in their region, and assistance answering their questions or concerns
- Monitoring area publicity of AWGA events or tournaments and encouraging participation
- Encouraging qualified club members to serve on AWGA committees
- Presenting the annual AWGA Representative Meeting in an area or region
- Advising area clubs on running local state medallion tournaments, and on publishing club data on the AWGA website
- Helping conduct qualifier tournaments for State Medallion Teams in an area or region, if necessary
The Newsletter Advisor evaluates, reviews, and contributes to the AWGA Newsletter. Candidates should be aware of what is happening in the golf community and provide design and story ideas when necessary. This volunteer may also contribute to the newsletter by editing or writing, if interested.
The Graphics and Advertising Design Advisor contributes and supports the designing of AWGA publications. Candidates must have previous design experience.
The GEM Program Advisor annually updates and refreshes the GEM Survey and assists in determining the qualifying guidelines for Private, Public, and Semi-Private courses. The advisor also analyzes the GEM survey data and helps finalize the GEM winner selection each year.
Submit a Volunteer Interest Form